Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"OLPC Automated Testing" project accepted for SoC

I'm happy to say that Zach Riggle's application for this year's Google Summer of Code, "OLPC Project Automated Testing", was accepted. I'm looking forward to mentoring Zach, and having Titus as a backup mentor. There's some very cool stuff that can be done in this area, and I hope that at the end of the summer we'll have some solid automated testing techniques and tools that can be applied to any Python project, not only to the OLPC Sugar environment. Stay tuned for more info on this project. BTW, here is the list of PSF-sponsored applications accepted for this years' SoC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it's sad that after so many years we do not have an easy to use plugin for Apache.

I mean I need a good plugin that will be present on all Linux distribution so we can produce scripts the clients can install by themselves.

Mod-Python is good but it has some problems with reloading the classes (last time I was playing with it).

Any suggestion?

Unknown said...

I was disturbed about the state of the project after reading Titus' presentation at Pycon. I am relieved to hear someone is following up on this particular issue, even if it's not someone at OLPC or sugarlabs.

If -by chance- you need an XO for some testing-related reason, I'd be happy to send you one. I have at least one XO at home who is looking for a purpose in life. (Just send me email or reply to this message. I hope my email is visible to you.)

-concerned G1G1 participant

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...